Research Productivity Assessments (RPAs) are conducted in order to obtain information on the research activities of HSE University staff. All HSE University faculty members, including internationally hired faculty and researchers, must take part in the RPA process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit my publications for an RPA?
Publications should be added to the publications database through your personal profile, which is hosted on the University’s website. Further details on this process are available on the Publication Verification Unit’s (PVU) website at https://pr.hse.ru/en/publication/. If you have any technical questions in regards to adding new publications, please contact our colleagues at the PVU via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. They speak English.
How is the assessment process organized?
- RPAs are conducted using an automated online system. This system automatically analyzes and selects publications that count towards your RPA.
- Points are assigned for each publication.
- The total number of points will be uploaded as confidential information to the personal profiles of RPA participants on HSE University’s website.
- Appeals on technical mistakes can be submitted between December 6 and December 11. All appeals are considered by the University-wide RPA committee.
For what period do I have to submit my publications?
During the RPA process, publications produced over the past 2 years and the current year up until November 1 shall be reviewed.
Is there a deadline for submitting my publications?
Please make sure you add information on your publications to the database of research publications no later than November 1.
What criteria are used during the assessment?
Points are assigned for different types of publications (e.g., books, chapters, articles, textbooks, etc.) according to the quality of the publisher or the journal (whether they are on HSE’s priority list and indexed by Web of Science and Scopus or not). Types of publications eligible for RPA purposes and points assigned for each type are presented iAnnex 2 to the Procedure for Staff Research Productivity Assessment at National Research University Higher School of Economics in 2019.
Will all my publications be reviewed during the RPA process?
Only publishers and journals included on the list of eligible journals will be considered during the RPA process. If you have any questions concerning publishers, lists of journals and conferences, please contact out colleagues from Sceintometrics Centre at email@example.com.
What impact will RPA have on my status as an internationally recruited HSE faculty member?
Evaluations of internationally recruited HSE faculty members are carried out as routine monitoring in 2019 and will not entail any further consequences.
How is the RPA process related to interim and tenure reviews?
The set of documents you submit for review must include all your publications. In 2019 RPA results generally expedite the decision-making process with respect to a given candidate.
When and how do I get to know about my RPA results?
Your results will be published in your personal profile on HSE University’s website no later than by December 5.
Are my results confidential? Will anyone else besides me have access to the results?
Persons with access to your results:
- the coordinator responsible for the RPA process at HSE University;
- members of the University-wide RPA committee;
- heads of HSE University departments.
Your results will not be disclosed to anyone else. Only generalized statistical data may be published.
What categories of staff are exempt from the RPA process?
- Staff awarded the honorary title (status) of ‘Honorary Professor’;
- Pregnant women; women on maternity leave, or a leave of absence to attend to a child of up to 3 years of age (if they returned from such leave 2 years ago or less);
- Researchers who have been absent for a long period (over 6 months) over the last 3 years due to a sick leave.