HSE strives to maintain a safe, healthy and friendly campus environment for students, faculty, and staff. The University is rapidly growing, and, therefore, our needs in terms of buildings and services are evolving. You may better get acquainted with HSE infrastructure following these links:
|HSE Buildings||HSE Library||Publishing House||Teaching Staff Offices||Cafeterias||Wi-Fi||HSE Guesthouses|
The HSE Publishing House specializes in scientific, educational and reference literature by Russian, and foreign authors. The list of authors predominantly consists of professors, lecturers, and academics who are HSE faculty members.
What is published?
Focusing on subjects taught in the HSE curriculum, it publishes books and journals targeted at a wide audience of professionals and students. It also publishes editions for internal needs, such as preprints, printed materials for conferences and other university publications of limited circulation.
What is the publishing house capacity?
The HSE Publishing House currently produces approximately 160 titles each year, with educational publications circulated in editions of up to 2,000 copies; additional print runs are made as needed. For scientific publications, circulation is usually 1,000 copies. Circulations of 150 to 500 copies are also available for HSE’s internal needs. The majority of books published are available in print and electronic versions.
Where to buy HSE books?
HSE books are currently available for purchase at online bookstores such as OZON.ru, Book.ru, and UniversityBooks.ru; they are also available at the leading Russian electronic libraries, including LitRes and University Library Online. HSE’s own bookstore, BookVyshka, is located at 20 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa. The store stocks both the University’s own publications and books from a wide assortment of foreign publishers: academic textbooks, manuals and multimedia related to the HSE curriculum, as well as children’s books, volumes on art, and HSE souvenirs. BookVyshka’s assistants are experienced booksellers who are fluent in English.
Many HSE buildings provide common rooms for faculty members that offer space for reading, writing, class preparation and rest. Common rooms usually feature desks and armchairs, as well as one or more computer workstations equipped with printers. Some of these faculty lounges have small kitchens where tea, coffee and snacks can be made. An HSE entrance pass must be used to get in and out.
Here is the list of faculty rooms available on the HSE premises:
- Rooms 3423 and 4108 at 26-3 Shabolovka Ulitsa
- Rooms 301 and 502 at 31-23 Shabolovka Ulitsa
- Room 209E at 26-5 Mytnaya Ulitsa
- Room П-308 at 2-8 Khitrovsky Pereulok
- Room С-204 at 8-2 Maly Tryokhsvyatitelsky Pereulok, Building 1
- Rooms 811 and 812 at 33 Kirpichnaya Ulitsa
- Rooms 302, А-406, 518, 529 at 21-4 Ulitsa Staraya Basmannaya, Building 1
- Room 433 at 11 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa
- Room 430 at 20 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa
- Rooms 430, 435, 608, 610, 619, and 623 at 3 Kochnovsky Proezd
- Room 217 at 4 Maly Gnezdnikovsky Pereulok
- Room 414 at 3 Bolshoi Tryokhsvyatitelsky Pereulok
- Room 207 at 17 Malaya Ordynka Ulitsa
- Room 314 at 44A Varshavskoye Shosse
- Rooms 129, 260A, 280, 280A, 282, 284, 284A, 451, 470, 474, 561, 584, and 571 at 12 Malaya Pionerskaya Ulitsa
- Room 421 at 18 Kosmonavta Volkova Ulitsa
- Room G121 at Pokrovskiy Boulevard
- Room R410 at Pokrovskiy Boulevard
- Room R508 at Pokrovskiy Boulevard
Almost all HSE buildings have cafeterias and snack bars. The menu is quite diverse, offering a choice of appetizers, soups, main courses, desserts and soft drinks. Meals normally include vegetarian alternatives. Prices are moderate: the average cost of a full meal usually does not exceed 250-300 roubles. University cafeterias usually have plenty of space (except for ‘rush hour’ at 1:00-3:00 pm) and are a good place to dine or enjoy a cup of tea or coffee.
The main building cafeteria is located at 20 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa on the ground floor. In the building across the road, at 9 – 11 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa, the cafeteria is on the second floor. Visitors are kindly asked to remove their coats and jackets before entering university cafeterias.
The information on the cafeterias of Pokrovka Complex could be found here.
Nearly all HSE buildings have free Wi-Fi access. Please use the following login and password to be connected
Guests can also use EduRoam WI-FI