Your Email Account
HSE has a corporate electronic mail system, and every employee is allocated an @hse.ru email account. As stated in their employment agreements, employees should use their corporate accounts for all business related correspondence, either directly or through re-direction to other mail services.
How do I activate my email account?
Your coordinator will help you activate your corporate email account. According to internal regulations, your login consists of the first letter of your name and your full surname (for example, Albert Einstein firstname.lastname@example.org). The password will be generated automatically but you can change it at a later stage.
How do I change my password?
Changing the password in OWA
How do I access my @hse.ru account from an external computer?
- If your user details listed in the Outlook address book (name, phone numbers, position, and department) change, please notify email@example.com within five business days of the change.
- When a mailbox size is exceeded, outgoing mail is automatically disabled. All users, therefore, are kindly asked to archive or delete information in due time.
- Employees who are out of office for vacation should set an automatic 'out of office' reply specifying their vacation dates and, if possible, the contact details of a person or persons who can help on work-related issues.
For further information, please consult the regulations for corporate email use.
Your Profile Page
All full-time faculty and staff members at HSE have personal profiles on the HSE website. These profiles are open to everybody and contain such information as contact details, office hours, educational background and work experience, courses, publications, research interests, attached research papers, etc.
The complete list of profiles of HSE faculty and staff are available at http://www.hse.ru/en/org/persons/
Why do I need to have this profile?
It is required to update the information about new publications regularly (new articles accepted for publication in academic journals, book publications) as well as about conferences, awards, changes to contact details, etc.
In addition, it is a place for you to introduce yourself to your colleagues and students and to the public in a way that brings all your academic achievements and interests into one place that is easy to manage.
How do I activate my profile?
Your profile will be generated automatically several days after your work contract takes effect. Once your profile is online, you can edit it yourself, but you need to be given access to do so. Please find the information about it on the page of Online Media Unit.
How do I edit my profile?
Some elements of your page are connected to HSE databases and certain information is uploaded automatically. Therefore, your page will be pre-filled with information about your position, department/school, degree etc.
To start editing your page, please follow these instructions:
- Click on a blue man icon in the top right corner on the HSE website (or go to http://www.hse.ru/en/user) and enter your login and password.
- Now, you are in your personal account. To switch to English, click the icon (British flag) in the top right corner. Click 'How it works' to view detailed instructions on editing specific sections of your personal profile page.
- Contact personal page coordinator at your subdivision if you have questions about your personal page or want to discuss any changes you want to make to the text that is automatically generated. For more information, visit the website of the Office of Online Media.