Select the package of documents that you want to submit for your employment at HSE University (please bear in mind that this is a minimum package – you can have all of your non-Russian documents legalized if you want them to be published on your personal page on the HSE University portal):
- Bachelor’s degree + PhD degree;
- Master’s degree + PhD degree;
- Other type of degree (Specialist/licentiate/etc.) + PhD degree.
Identify what legalization type you need for each of your diplomas: you can look up the country where your documents were issued here. We strongly recommend legalizing your diplomas, as well as transcripts (grade sheets) accompanying these diplomas.
The last stage of legalization is making notarized translations of your legalized documents. Please be aware that this must be done in the Russian Federation. This means that you can do it upon your arrival or ask your coordinator to help.
The recognition procedure might be not required if:
- your university is listed here;
- your country has ever signed a mutual agreement on recognition with Russia.
Please contact your coordinator for details.
If you find out that your diploma or/and PhD certificate must get recognized, you can do it via several authorities:
- Option 1: National Information Centre - check this page for more details;
- Option 2: HSE University. According to Federal Law No. 273-FZ "On Education in the Russian Federation" (2013), HSE University is among the institutions of higher education, which have the legal power to carry out the recognition procedure independently.
If you choose to get your diplomas recognized at HSE University, send your coordinator (CC’ed to firstname.lastname@example.org) the following documents:
- legalized diploma;
- legalized transcript to the diploma (grade sheet);
- notarized translation of legalized diploma;
- notarized translation of legalized transcript;
- notarized translation of your passport.
 If you do not have a grade sheet, you can provide a programme description.